This Saturday Quilts from the Bluffs will be meeting for our monthly quilt day at First Christian Church. We meet from 9:30-3:30 and you are welcome to come any time within that schedule that fits your day. We always welcome new quilters so if you have never been, please stop by and check us out. Bring your sewing machine and basic supplies. All fabric, patterns, batting, thread is supplied.
This month we will be starting a new pattern called Floating Triangles. It uses 10" squares and a solid white background. Pattern Here
I will also be bringing several quilts that need to be finished. I could use lots of help getting them pinned and ready to be quilted (and actually quilted, of course). If you have a longarm and would like to take quilts home to quilt, let me know so we won't pin them first.
We have had quite a number of quilts dropped of at Cut Up and Quilt over the last few months and wanted to thank those of you who have contributed. We welcome donations of finished quilts, either to Cut Up and Quilt or to us at our monthly quilt days on the 2nd Saturday of each month at First Christian Church. Because of your dedication, we have already delivered 247 quilts so far this year. This is incredible to me and I look forward to passing on your finished quilts in the future.
Our quilts currently go to the following organizations:
- Mercy Hospital (end of life care)
- Children's Square (twin-size quilts when possible)
- Project Linus - this organization has a network of recipients including Jennie Edmundson ER, Micah House, NICU's at various hospitals, Offutt AFB, Project Harmony, and many more.
- Open Door Mission - Lydia House (concentrating on children's quilts)
- Gabrielle's Corner - Crisis pregnancy center
We also welcome donations of cotton fabric and batting.
This past week we have delivered 23 quilts to Open Door Mission, 21 quilts to Children's Square, and 157 quilts to Project Linus. Amazing!! Here are a few pictures from Project Linus Blanket Making Day. Congratulations to Sally for winning the sewing machine give away!
Charmed for Charity
We are continuing our Charmed for Charity (C4C) groups at Cut Up and Quilt this year. This is a casual group that works on cutting scrap into 5" squares, making C4C kits of 99 squares, and sewing them into quilts to give away to the community. These groups are supported by Quilts from the Bluffs and is just another outreach of the group. It was a great success last year and I look forward to meeting new people through this group throughout 2015.
- Afternoon group is led by Sondra Michaels and Karen Burns and meets on the third Wednesday of each month from 1:00-3:00.
- Evening group is led by Jeanine Williams and Rachel Summy and meets on the first Thursday of each month from 6:00-8:00.
String Blocks for Children's Square
I haven't mentioned the String Blocks lately but we will still gladly accept string blocks to be made into twin-size quilts for Children's Square. String Block Tutorial HERE
I guess that's all I have to share with you this month. I hope to see everyone on Saturday!