Thursday, July 2, 2015

July 2015 Quilt Day


I hope everyone has some fun plans to celebrate the birthday of our great country.  Be safe and have fun. 

Next Saturday, July 11, we will hold our monthly quilt day at First Christian Church, Council Bluffs, from 9:30-3:30.  I hope you can join us.

We will continue making the Sweet and Simple quilt.  I have an updated pattern attached.  Thanks to everyone that helps me proof and improve the patterns to make them easier to use.  Last month we had several tops completed.  I can’t wait to see how many come in finished and new ones created.  I will work on getting some interesting combinations of fabrics in our kits for this month.



2015 Quilt Retreat - PreCuts

This year’s retreat is full.  We filled up faster than ever and I am hoping this means it will be an awesome retreat!  A Retreat Packet will be distributed next month with complete information.  Also, all fees are due no later than August 8

Quilt Deliveries

We have not made any deliveries this month but have a mountain of quilts ready to go out the door.  We are still officially at 315 delivered YTD but I’m sure I have at least 100 more at home.  We are looking for another recipient for adult quilts (hospice/end of life care) in the Council Bluffs area but have not settled on one yet.  This is great news that we have more quilts than are needed with our current organizations.  I will keep you informed when I know more.

Charmed 4 Charity

The afternoon group of Charmed 4 Charity meets at Cut Up & Quilt on the 3rd Wednesday of each month from 1:00-3:00.  This group cuts 5” squares from scrap, puts kits together that include 99 squares, and also sews the tops.  We would love to have some new faces.  The evening group no longer meets.

No comments:

Post a Comment