Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Quilt Marathon Final Reminder

This is the week of the Quilt Marathon - sponsored by Quilts from the Bluffs.  I wanted to get a final reminder out to everyone that might be interested in attending.

Two days from now we will be sitting at the church starting to grow a pile of finished quilts...marathon style!!!  I am so excited to spend two days with my favorite quilting peeps - those I know and those I will get to meet this weekend.

  • Where:  First Christian Church, Council Bluffs (Hwy 92) - Room C4 (lower East level)
  • When:   Friday, January 23 5:00-9:00 and Saturday, January 24 9:00-5:00
  • Bring:    Your sewing machine 

You may also want to bring a pillow to sit on for the long day, a small light for your work area if needed, a walking foot to make the quilting easier, loaded bobbins...

We will have dinner Friday night (walking tacos) and Saturday we will have Chili for lunch.  Water and coffee are supplied.  If you want other drinks, bring them.  Bring a snack to share if you want. We do have a refrigerator available for our use if you need it.

You can keep your machine set up from Friday night until Saturday.  We have people coming in to clean up at 5:00 Saturday so we will not need to stay around to clean up (for a change.)  We deserve this after a full weekend of quilting!!  :-)

If you are not a member of the Quilt Like U Mean It! Facebook page and would like to be, let me know and I will get you added.  This is where we will be posting and sharing pictures of the weekend so you don't want to miss out.   Please take lots of pictures if you are there.  If you need help getting them uploaded, let me know.  

Let me know if you have any questions.  See you Friday.




3 comments:

  1. Jeanine, how did the event go? Were the quilts donated to hospitals, homeless, or to overseas kids? Hope it was a great turn out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The event was a success. I didn't know what to expect but we had 23 Friday night and 32 Saturday. We completed 30 quilts and several more were started. It was a lot of fun. I got to meet new quilters and everyone got along great. We have decided to make this an annual event. I should post an update on the blog. I put pictures on our facebook page.
      https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152813536458145.1073741868.103183733144&type=3

      Delete
    2. https://www.facebook.com/QuiltsFromTheBluffs

      The link I posted above doesn't seem to work for me but you can check out our facebook page at this link.

      Delete