Saturday, September 6, 2014

September 2014 Quilt Day

Fall is definitely upon us.  Some love the sweatshirt weather but I could use just a bit more of the warm weather before heading into the cold.  Whatever your preference, it is out of our control so we might as well make the best of it and quilt!  Yes, that's the way I justify about everything.





Quilts from the Bluffs will meet this Saturday, September 13, from 9:30 - 3:30.  We are extending our hours a little for the fall and winter months so come a little earlier or stay a little later.  We meet at First Christian Church in Council Bluffs on the lower East side of the church.  It is easier to go in the North East doors at the back of the church and follow the signs.  Bring your sewing machine and a lunch and/or snack to share.

This month we will be finishing up quilts we have already started and working on various kits we have on hand.  We have 92 quilt tops at my house that need to be quilted and I will be bringing some of them with me.  If you would like to bring quilts home to quilt, let me know so I bring enough with me.  If you quilt them, we can get others to do the binding if you prefer.

Project Linus
The next Project Linus Blanket Making Day is November 1 from 9:00-1:00.  We have lots of quilts already on hand to bring but would like to finish as many as we can by that November 1 day so I can bring them with me.  You are welcome to come as well to help sew labels on quilts/blankets that will be donated that day or work on piecing a quilt top.  They meet at Bryan High School in Bellevue.



Charmed for Charity
Our Charmed for Charity (C4C) groups continue to meet at Cut Up & Quilt each month.  This has been a great way to meet new quilters with a heart for giving and we have produced lots of quilts through this outreach. 

Afternoon group meets on the third Wednesday from 1:00-3:00.
Evening group meets on the first Thursday from 6:00-8:00.



Harvest of Talents
We are still collecting items for FCC's Harvest of Talents craft show to benefit For God's Children International ministry.  This is the organization that runs the camp we have our annual retreat. Any handmade craft items will be accepted.  

Thirty-One Gifts
Christy Smith (my daughter) will be available during our quilt day to show some of the new products from the new Fall Thirty-One catalog and will have new catalogs available.  They have so many items that compliment the quilters lifestyle and they are functional as well as pretty.  I am looking forward to seeing the new All-Day Organizing Tote.  Normally $45, with a $35 purchase it is only $15.

If you can't make it to quilt day Saturday, I am having an open house Friday evening at 7:00 at my home.  I would love to have you join me then.  Let me know if you need directions.

                                                               

Looking forward to spending the day with you on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment