Saturday, February 4, 2012

February Quilt Day Reminder


Are you enjoying the snow today?  It's pretty if nothing else!  I'm glad it was not quilt day today or I would have probably had to cancel.  But next week will, hopefully, be a great day to get together!  We will meet at First Christian Church in Council Bluffs from 10:00-4:00.  Come anytime during that time and stay as long as your schedule allows.  We will be making a very easy quilt and working on finishing Project Linus quilts.  

The pattern we are doing this month is very easy.  I sketched it out and you can get to it here (I'm not an artist!).  I attached a picture of one I made so you can get an idea of what it will look like.  

All fabric and thread is provided.  Bring a sewing machine and basic sewing supplies and a snack to share if you want.  You can also bring a lunch if you are staying all day.

Project Linus Blanket Making Day

We are trying to get our quilts done that will go to Project Linus.  They have a blanket making day on March 3 that is open anyone interested in coming.  I usually go to sew labels on quilts/blankets that others drop off.  You can also work on a quilt top.  They usually have kits and/or fabric that was donated for the quilts that you are free to take home to make quilts on your own time.  This will be from 9:00 - 1:00 at Bryan High School in Papillion.  If you want more information, let me know.

Speaking of Project Linus, Quilts from the Bluffs will be sponsoring a Project Linus drop off site at First Christian Church.  We are still working out the details but once we are ready to launch, I will let you know so you can get the word out to anyone you know who might be interested.  With the closing of Kanesville Quilt Shop, this opportunity has presented itself and I am excited about furthering our partnership with Project Linus.

Stay warm and I am looking forward to seeing you next Saturday!

Jeanine Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment