Thursday, January 5, 2012

It's A New Year!!

I haven't posted for a few weeks but I have not been idle!  There was so much quilting going on through the holidays and I am finally able to take a breath.  I am starting to look towards the new year and do some planning.

First, I would like to report that Quilts from the Bluffs was able to deliver 267 quilts during 2011.  This is such an awesome feat since it has been a challenging year for many!  Congratulations to everyone who contributed to this accomplishment.

Our first meeting of the year will be January 14 at First Christian Church in Council Bluffs IA.  If you would like information on this group, please let me know.  We welcome new members at all skill levels.  We will be making rag quilts.  This is a picture of a rag quilt I made a few years ago and resides on our bed.  We would love to make some quilts for some of the residents of Children's Square in Council Bluffs.


Here is my latest Quilts of Valor quilt I quilted for Marianne Fons (I didn't piece the top.)  I have two more in the mail that I will work on this weekend.  This is such a good organization and would encourage you to get involved, either by making quilt tops or by quilting them if you have a longarm machine.



No comments:

Post a Comment