Saturday, January 21, 2012

Introducing ECLECTIC FEVER

Here is my latest quilt design.  I actually started this a couple years ago but just found it in my recent quilt studio reorganization last week.

The goal I have in designing quilts for Quilts from the Bluffs is to use up as much scrap fabric as possible and still have a quilt that is interesting and fun to look at.

My first version of the quilt:
I thought it needed another single row in the center of the quilt.  My next attempt used scrap that was donated to us a couple years ago.  I do not remember who gave the fabric to us but it was someone who made clothing.  This fabric was from Africa (I think) and I thought it was so interesting. 

So.....brace yourself...this is the quilt that prompted the name ECLECTIC FEVER!

How fun is that!  :-)  I know...most of you are cringing but these fabrics were all so unique and this is definitely a one-of-a-kind quilt.

I am in the process of writing the pattern out for this quilt and will publish it when it is done.  We may even do this quilt at the next quilt day in February.  Comments are welcome!







2 comments:

  1. Cool new pattern. Looking forward to making this some time at quilt day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt just cracks me up! I love it. I think I've gone over the edge. :-)

    ReplyDelete