Monday, September 5, 2011

September, 2011 Quilt Day Reminder

Quilts from the Bluffs will be meeting this Satuday, September 10, from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm at First Christian Church in Council Bluffs on Hwy 92.  We will be in a different room this month.  It is in the same hallway as we have been meeting but will be in the room at the end of the hall.  I will bring a cart with me if anyone would like to unload their stuff on the cart and wheel it down the hall.  The good thing is that it is easier to set up this room because the table and chairs are closer and our quilt cabinet and ironing boards are already stored in that room.  I will have signs up to lead to to the correct room.

We will be working on Rail Fence quilts this month.  I will bring a basket of quilts that need to be finished as well and would encourage anyone that can help with these to work on them or take them home to finish.  We will be making a donation to Project Linus in October.

New Blog for Group
I have launched a new blog for Quilts from the Bluffs as a way to communicate and share our activities.  We still have the Facebook page but I thought the blog would be more approachable to those who did not facebook.  Please sign up to follow this so you can  get up-to-date information on activities of the group.  I will post pictures of our quilts to this site and then put a link on the facebook page so I only have to put pictures in one place.  Please give me your feedback and suggestions to things I can add to the blog.  http://www.qftb.blogspot.com/.

Quilt Retreat
We are getting very close to the retreat (September 22-25.)  I hope everyone has their projects planned out and ready to go.  If you have any questions about the retreat, please let me know.  I am anxiously awaiting a wonderful, refreshing...and ever so charming...retreat this year.

T-Shirts
The T-Shirts are here and I will be bringing them to quilt day for those that will be there.  If you have not paid for yours, please have your money ready on Saturday.  I also have a few extras if you did not get yours ordered.  They are $15 each.

5th Anniversary
Next month marks our 5th anniversary as Quilts from the Bluffs.  I am amazed at the journey this group has taken in five short years.  I would like to challenge everyone to attend next month if possible as a part of the celebration.  We should take time to celebrate the friendships we have made and the people we have comforted in that time.  I look forward to many more years together.  THANK YOU to everyone who has been a part of this!!
 
Jeanine Williams


Quilts from the Bluffs Coordinator
http://www.qftb.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/quiltsfromthebluffs

No comments:

Post a Comment